Friday, June 29, 2012

Heartland Restaurant - Farm Direct Market

Location:
Heartland Restaurant's Farm Direct Market
 289 East 5th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55101


Today's 'half serving' from the market. Pork meatloaf, potatoes, and snap peas with garlic & ginger!
For my first restaurant review I decided to go to one of my most favorite locations in the Twin Cities, Heartland Restaurant.  For all of you that already know about Heartland you don't need a review from the "Food on my Face" guy to tell you about the quality ingredients used and how good the food tastes! To those that are learning about this place for the first time, this is for you!

My office is right around the corner from Heartland in Lowertown St Paul, which is across the street from the St Paul Farmer's Market. Our Lowertown community is really blessed to have a restaurant like this in it's neighborhood. I encourage you to check out their website to learn more about their award winning chef and restaurateur Lenny Russo, the restaurant, the farm direct market, and the Market House itself! 

Today my review is about the Farm Direct Market. Just like the restaurant the Farm Direct Market uses all  fresh ingredients from local and regional farmers.  The have the most amazing selection of fresh meat, fish, and cheese. You can also purchase vegetables, coffee, natural sodas, soup stocks, jams, jellies, and their own fresh bakery items, etc...  However, I'm here today to talk about their daily lunch special. The picture above shows a 'half serving' of today's lunch.  Cost $9. Pork meatloaf packed with a nice balance of herbs and most notably fennel. Side of potatoes and snap peas with garlic & ginger.

The staff are always friendly. I encourage you to stop by this special gem in Lowertown!

No need to use a napkin this time, gotta keep Food On My Face!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'm definantly going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete